The fitness arena is one that never sleeps. Constantly evolving and churning out brand new innovations to make your workouts smarter. This week, we take a look at one of our favourite bits of kit...
Wattage (watts) measures the rate of energy exertion. It is defined as one joule per second. In the case of cardiovascular exercise, it is the power that you are producing when moving. The more power you are producing, the harder you are working. More power means more calories burned.
Much like resistance training, you need to slowly load the muscles with weight and have a recovery period before loading weight again.
Over time, you will produce more power. Training your cardiovascular energy system to create this power is very important.
It is THE indoor training bicycle! The Wattbike was created with British Cycling to provide an affordable indoor bike for training and testing that is suitable for everyone from school children to Olympic Gold Medallists.
The key difference between the Wattbike and every other indoor bike is that the Wattbike accurately measures power output in Watts. Within seconds we can be accurately measuring your power output, your pedalling technique and heart rate.
The Wattbike offers a wide range of fitness tests that are readily available to enable you to focus on your own unique stats and measure success either manually or on the WATTBIKE HUB.
It’s simple to get the hang of but the challenges on the WATTBIKE are limitless – many major sporting royalty and high level teams utilise Wattbike as part of their regular routines so it’s clearly a winner in their eyes!
- Anyone aged 10 or over, including senior citizens.
- All ability levels, including beginners just getting started.
- Those that are short on time but want a high intensity workout.
- Tech geeks that love to track and measure using the latest technology.
- Those who love a challenge.
THE GOOD STUFF
- Improve flexibility, strength and speed.
- Add variety to your workout with new challenges and advanced features.
- Enjoy all the benefits of an outdoor bike, with the luxury of advanced tracking.
- A great overall cardio workout.
Keep your eyes peeled for the SKILLBike, coming to Village Gym, Bristol!