Group indoor cycling, commonly known as 'spinning', is a high-intensity, low-impact cardio workout, perfect for all fitness levels, including beginners.
Our group cycling classes range from classic indoor cycling workouts, to RPM and Sprint from Les Mills, plus the cutting-edge immersive cycling experience, The Trip (available at selected clubs and also as a virtual class.)
If you haven't enjoyed a group cycling class before, but want a fun new way to get your fitness kicks, our classes will ensure you get your cardio and strength workout done in one session. We'll get your heart racing, your lungs pumping and help you tone the calves, glutes and quads.
Which class is best for beginners?
It's all dependant on what you're into. The great thing about our cycling classes is that you can make them your own, and go at your own pace...
I LOVE HIGH INTENSITY
HIIT fans will love Sprint from Les Mills, combining intense sprints with brief resting periods for maximum calorie burn.
I LOVE KILLER CARDIO
V Spin is our very own group cycling class, designed to torch fat and improve your cardio fitness.
I LOVE STARTING SLOWLY
RPM by Les Mills is ideal for members looking for a fun, low impact workout. You control the intensity, so it’s a great choice for newbies and group cycling pros.
I LOVE FUN!
The Trip by Les Mills is an immersive group cycling experience that will see you ride through a digital world of undewater caves and snow-peaked mountains.
Available only in a handful of fitness clubs around the world, The Trip™ is erfect for thrill-seekers, fun-lovers and anyone that loves a creative approach to exercise.
Tips for newcomers...
If you're new to group cycling, you'll love the variety and flexibility of our classes.
We caught up with Holly, Group Fitness Manager for a few tips on getting started...
- Turn up to class at least ten minutes early, introduce yourself to the instructor and let them know you are new. Then we can ensure we keep an eye on your posture and progress.
- Check your bike set up! Make sure you maintain a small bend in your knee so you are not locking your legs at any point. Adjust the handlebars to wherever feels the most comfortable for you. Your instructor will happily assist you with this
- Test your gears before the class begins. Get a feel for your light, moderate, and heavy gears so you know where your working load should be throughout the class
- Find an area of the studio where you feel the most comfortable. Make sure you can clearly see the instructor and tht you're comfortable. The more comfortable you feel on your bike, the more you will enjoy the ride!
- Finally, socialise! Don’t be afraid to chat to the other participants and ask for help if you’re unsure. You could even bring a friend along to keep your motivation peaked...
Ready? Find out more about our group cycling classes here...