I understand that exercise and physical activity including the use of equipment is potentially hazardous. I understand that participating in physical activity may result in injury and possibly even death and that I choose voluntarily to take part in these activities. This includes the use of any resistance, or cardio equipment, swimming pool, sauna, steam room and spas, and I am fully aware of the risks involved.
I understand that Village Gym maintain the highest possible standards of health and safety and before I enter the gym I will be asked to complete an online health declaration form to establish my current state of health before starting exercise. I understand that, depending on the answers I provide to the questions on the health declaration, I may need to seek medical advice before beginning any form of exercise and will not be granted access to Village Gym until a medical certificate is obtained. In addition to gym access being denied, if a medical certificate is required, I understand that my membership status will be temporary inactive and I will not be able to use the online members area.
I will assume responsibility for any minors under the age of 18 who accompany me whilst visiting Village Gym. I am responsible for advising Village Gym if my medical circumstances change during my membership term. Some Village Gyms have tanning and solarium facilities included as part of the membership package. I understand that I have read and accept the following terms and conditions relating to tanning and solarium use at Village Gym. Before using the tanning equipment, I agree that I have read and understand my skin type and agree to comply with Village Gym’s recommendations outlined below:
Skin Type 1
People with very fair/sensitive skin and often with red/strawberry blond hair and freckles, pale blue, pale grey or pale green eyes. People who hardly or never tan. Recommendations: You should not tan on a sunbed or outdoors.
Skin Type 2
People with fairish skin who usually burn and sometimes tan. Tend to have light hair, blue or brown eyes. Recommendations: The EU scientific committee on Customer Products states that people with skin types 1 and 2 should NOT proceed with UV tanning.
Skin Type 3
People with brownish white skins who tan fairly easily, they should respect the fact that they can still burn, especially without a base tan. Recommendations: Although you tan easily you should respect the fact that you still burn.
Skin Type 4
People with dark skin who tan easily and hardly ever burn, but even so need to be careful that they don’t go through prolonged over-exposure.
Recommendations: You tan easily but should never have more than the full recommended session time.
There are skin types 5 & 6, 5 being naturally brown skin and 6 being brown/black skin. Generally, customers wishing to use sunbeds will fall into skin types 3 and 4.
Tanning should be undertaken with caution. To ensure you tan effectively and responsibly please read the following information before using the solaria:
- If you have sensitive skin or no existing tan your first few sessions must be limited to 3 minutes, until your base tan has built up.
- All tans must be built up gradually.
- Prior to tanning, you must remove all cosmetics, perfumes, deodorants, jewellery & contact lenses.
- Never use the tanning equipment without eye protection. This is available from leisure reception.
- If any signs of redness remain from a previous tanning session, you must wait until this clears before your next session.
- You must not attempt to adjust/tamper with any of the equipment.
- You must NOT use the solarium if you:
- Are under 18 years of age.
- Have particularly sensitive skin.
- Suffer ill-effects from allergies, cold-sores, epilepsy, dizziness or fainting, a heart condition, headaches or migraine, high blood pressure, hypertension, prickly heat or skin ulcers.
- Are diabetic, hypersensitive to light, pregnant, taking any form of drug (prescribed or otherwise), using any ointment/lotion, antibiotic or tranquilliser or under medical supervision.
- Have had hair bleaching, electrolysis or hot waxing in the past 24 hours.
If any of the above applies to you, please consult your doctor before using the solaria.
I declare that I have read and understood the advisory guidelines, and government recommendations not to exceed 20 tanning sessions per year and no more than one session per 24-hour period.
I declare to the best of my knowledge that the information I have provided is correct. I am over 18 years of age, am not affected by any of the above and know of no reason why I should not undertake a tanning session.
This agreement will become binding upon both parties once you have checked the "Agree to Village Gym’s Club. Waiver" box and the "CONTINUE" button has been clicked.