We don't need much excuse for some delicious pancakes, but we know our members are keen to stay on track to achieve their fitness goals. No need to worry, we’ve got you covered! We can’t have you missing out on the fluffy, goodness that Pancakes brings.
Our friends at Optimum Nutrition have put together a delicious recipe for Protein Pancakes that you can enjoy. We gave it a whirl, so that you can try it at home…
- Flour of your choice - ½ a cup
- Coconut Milk (or milk of your choice) - ½ cup
- Egg Whites - 2
- Chia Seeds - 1 Tbsp.
- Superfood Seed Mix - 1 Tbsp. (heaped)
- Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein, Vanilla – 1 serving OR
- Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Plant Protein, Vanilla – 1 serving
HOW TO MAKE:
- Mix flour and a 1/4 cup of coconut milk in a large mixing bowl
- Add chia seeds and superfoods mix before adding 2 egg whites
- Whisk until a smooth texture forms
- Add remainder of coconut milk and whisk
- Heat 1 tsp. of coconut oil in a small frying pan
- Once warm (but not steaming), pour the mixture to form a pancake
- Allow to cook until golden brown and flip
- Serve your pancake with toppings of your choice.
Don't miss out on 20% off on Optimum Nutrition protein powders and shakes for members...
We would love to see your creations, share your pancakes with us on the gram @villagegym