Whether you're browsing beach retreats to snap up a summer deal, or scouting a sun-filled staycation, if you plan to look summer-ready for all those beach selfies, it all starts now.
Let's get you ready for sun, sandals and selfies!
Did you know it takes…
- ONE month to establish a new fitness routine you'll stick to long term.
- 6-8 weeks to train your tastebuds and reduce cravings for salt, sugar and fatty foods.
- 30 minutes of exercise a day to start seeing a difference in your physical shape.
- SIX minutes to sign up for your shiny new Village Gym membership.
Summer's coming… don't put off now what you'll wish you hadn't later…
LOSE THOSE POUNDS
We all know just how hard it is to lose those stubborn pounds, and you can't shed those pounds through cardio alone; it also takes some discipline with your diet. However, exercise combined with a healthy diet is the key to shedding those pounds.
Cardio is a great way to get in that exercise and shed those pounds as it really gets your heart pumping and burning sweat. This doesn't mean that you need to take part in high-intensity exercise, low intensity running and walking all helps to burn some cals too.
Join us in club and get started on those summer goals. Tackle our cutting edge cardio kit from leading industry experts Technogym. Take to the treadmill, get those legs moving with our stepper or even try our cross trainer.
Fancy something a little bit different? Why not try one of our group classes. Dance to your heart's content with Les Mill Body Jam; this high energy class is a fun way of burning those cals. It's perfect for those who love to get their groove on to some banging tunes. Dancing not your thing? Why not try our exclusive Village class, Burn. A high-intensity class designed to get your heart pumping. It even creates the 'afterburner' effect - a heightened calorie burn for the next 24-36 hours… bonus!
We all want to look our best in those summer skirts and shorts this summer, so don't delay start putting in the work now.
You can try some simple exercises to start getting that toned bod. Add some squats, lunges, and pushups to your fitness routine, and you are off to a great start.
Why not spruce up your fitness routine with a class designed to strengthen those muscles. Les Mills Body Step will get you looking toned in no time with their basic step moves combined with killer cardio exercises that will help tone your upper body. They will even help tone your butt and thighs… nice.
Want to get those abs looking great when hitting the beach? Try one of our Les Mills classes designed to work that core. Les Mills Tone uses a mix of cardio, resistance and core exercises to really work those muscles! Or add some weights to your fitness routine with Les Mills CX Worx, you'll work with resistance equipment and weight plates, plus they'll help you get to grips with bodyweight exercises such as crunches and hovers.
CATCH THOSE ZZZ's
When you think about losing weight, sleep isn't the first thing that comes to mind, but sleep is actually a crucial factor in achieving your goals as it allows your body to reset and repair.
A lack of sleep can also lead to bad eating habits, from unhealthy choices to lousy eating habits, as research has shown you often feel more hungry. So, let's get your sleep on track so you don't slip into these bad habits.
- Digital detox- put down that phone, turn off that TV, and reduce the amount of screen time before bed.
- Stick to a routine- allow your body to establish a rhythm, and you should find it easier to drift off to sleep.
- Release that energy- why not get that heart pumping and release that energy in a fun, energetic fitness class so you can tire out your body. Try Les Mills BodyJam and throw shapes to the latest dance tunes or try a 30-minute high energy HIIT class designed to put that body to work.
- Go for a swim- swimming is a great way to wind down after a busy day at work, and although it is a low impact exercise, its great for tiring out the whole body.
- Relax- it's vital that you feel nice and relaxed when heading to sleep, clear your mind of your worries and feel zen. What better place to relax and unwind than our whirlpool and sauna you'll even leave with that glowy summer skin…bonus!
Nutrition plays a big part in the way you look and feel, so if you're looking to get trim this summer, then eating well will be equally as important as getting in that exercise.
Our top tips for eating well…
- Replace junk food with healthier snacks
- Drink lots of water.
- Eat regular meals.
- Get in more fruit and vegetables.
- Cut back on the alcohol.
- Pack in more protein.
- Watch the portion control.
- Choose wisely when eating out this summer.
- Resist the temptation to snack by meal prepping.
Need some support getting that summer bod? Our personal trainers will help you get prepared. By providing you with the best fitness routines, exercises and nutrition advice, they will also provide you with some motivation to start smashing those goals.